Moment of the Week

Friday, June 17, 2011

Moment of the Week


As I sometimes do, I am pre-posting the moment of the week since we will be in Denver, and we won't be bringing a laptop with us.  We will have lots to share next week after our weekend, its going to be full of fun!

But the big moment of the week for us has been that we decided on a nice way to spend Christmas this year.  Dave will still be gone, and the thought of going to visit family is absolutely overwhelming.... to have Christmas without Dave but be surrounded by people expecting its still a grand happy affair was a big emotional problem for me last time he was gone.  Staying home and pretending its Christmas would be super depressing... and no one will be able to visit.  So we thought a trip would be a fun and happy event, but yet not too Christmas-y. So off to Disney, Nate and I will go this Christmas.  We are staying in a Disney Resort using a hefty military discount.  
I'm planning to admit its Christmas, but it won't be like any other Christmas so I don't have to feel all reminiscent and sentimental.  After we finally decided this would be a good option I felt downright giddy... I even started humming Christmas carols.  Something to look forward to, plus once we return we won't have too much time left until Dave returns.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment