Moment of the Week

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cowboy Week

 Cowboy Week was an easy sell to this kiddo after living out west for the past year.  He LOVES cowboys, and this past week we learned a lot about them!  We started working on his letters a little bit, and I have to say he can make a pretty nice big A.  We worked on the color brown and squares as well.  There are a gazillion printable worksheets online, and Nate loved them.
 We counted beans, wrote with last weekend's campfire coals, laced a horse, did some sponge painting, made a paper bag vest, measured things with our hands(like cowboys measure their horses), made a comb harmonica, tossed bean bags in a cowboy hat, braided rope, and sorted different sizes of cowboys and horses.
 Read LOTS of cowboy books!
 Made a tissue paper fire 
and a tissue box guitar.
It was a fun week!  
Next week.... Dogs Red and Circles

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I want to make a tissue paper fire :)
    _Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing how to measure a horses height is an important life tool. I am happy to read that! Does he also know the hand to measure a horse is 4 inches and once you hit the 4th inch you round it out, 13-13.3, 14-14.3, 15-15.3, and the like ;) Knowledge is power. I think Captain Planet taught us that aye?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed, if I'm ever a mom, I hope that I'm as good as you :D

    ReplyDelete