This week was pretty rough in our household.
Nate had to do the second grade standardized test.
I turned the workboxes into test break boxes.
We only did testing during the time that we normally do school, so from 830-1130. We did 45 minutes of testing then took 15 minute breaks. It worked well, we finished most of the test on Monday and Tuesday.
On Wednesday we had just one section left. By the end Nate was a zombie..
But it turned out it wasn't the test, he has some sort of virus. I think he has strep throat. By midday on Wednesday he was burning up with fever. He spent Thursday and Friday on the sofa fighting that nasty fever. Poor kiddo.
But he did do very well on the test.
I was surprised by some things in a good way and surprised that he didn't know other parts.
But since we didn't do any preparation this was a true test of what he knows.
Now we can get back to regular second grade and hopefully stay healthy so we can finish sometime soon!





No comments:
Post a Comment