
I just got back from the base beach. It is a nice day. FINALLY! Yesterday I went to the BX and bought a beach chair. I thought since I'll be here all summer long I should start going to the beach to read. SO I went today. Dave came with me but only stayed for an hour, he went golfing with a guy from his work. I spent two hours reading. Melissa and I are currently reading a book called, Dying for Chocolate. I got a lot of reading done and it felt so good being out of the house and outside in nice weather. I also took my new O magazine and started reading that. I could have stayed all day but I didn't want Wendy to be in the kennel for that long. I thought I would post this picture of Dave trying out my new chair.
Oh!! Last night I made breakfast for dinner. I tried this recipe I have for a Ham and Cheese Omelet Bake. Boy was it good!!! Here is the recipe. Definitely try it. It called for grands flaky biscuits but since they are round there were little gaps and the egg got underneath. I think next time I will try it using the sheets of the crescent rolls instead. You'll see what I mean if you try it.
Ham 'n Cheese Omelet Bake
1 box( 10 oz) Green Giant frozen broccoli & cheese flavored sauce
1 can pillsbury grands flaky layers refrigerated original biscuits 8 ct
10 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teas dry ground mustard
salt and pepper
2 cups diced cooked ham
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 jar (4.5oz) green giant sliced mushrooms, drained
1) Heat oven to 350. Cut slit in the broccoli packet and heat in microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes( follow the directions on the box). set aside to cool a bit.
2) Meanwhile, spray bottom only of a 13x9 in pan. Separate the biscuits. slice the biscuits in half making 16 round biscuits. Lay them in the pan evenly and try to spread them to fill in the holes.
3) In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard and salt and pepper until well blended. Stir in ham, onion, cheeses, mushrooms, and broc and cheese packet. Pour the mixture over the biscuits spread around making sure all the biscuits are covered.
4) Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. ENJOY!!!!
We had this reheated for breakfast this morning it is just as good as it was last night. Yummy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment