Moment of the Week

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Santa and Nate meet



We took Nathan to meet Santa today.  He wasn't a big fan.  Maybe next year.  Nathan has got 2 teeth now.  He loves eating from our plates.  When he sees us start a meal, he spits out his pacifier and starts chomping until we share.  He is a big fan of Cheerios. 


Our home is decorated for Christmas, and its so cozy.  The tree is especially beautiful this year.  Maybe because it feels more magical since this is Nathan's first.  I am going to make Christmas Cookies tomorrow.  I am looking forward to sending Dave to work with a bunch to share. 
We have been busy getting appointments and arrangements for our big move.  We have tickets to fly to the states, which is very exciting.  Its going to be a long haul though, we connect in San Fran which will mean a 12 hour layover, or an overnight stay.  I am glad we already moved Wendy back to the states.  We have our appointments for our household goods to be packed up(our slow sea shipment), along with an appointment for our unaccompanied baggage pick up (very small, but it moves fast).  I am working on lists of what need to be packed in luggage, and what needs to go in the unaccompanied baggage.  Its very tricky... Can we live without the toaster for 2 months?  Which pots and pans should I keep out?  Can't forget a couple lamps.. Can't forget towels!!....  Its all coming back to me now.  We did pretty well last time, we weren't stuck eating dinner on the floor or air drying after showering.  Now I just have to plan as well and add the baby's needs.  It will just take a lot of antacids, probably January will be antacids and Imodium and unisom.  I've said it before and I will say it again when they give you orders, it should some with a prescription of something to calm your nerves, or a bottle of Vodka!

4 comments:

  1. Galina and I are going to make cookies in a few weeks. I'm so excited. It's my favorite thing to do. We also have decorated the house. Not very many things since we don't have much storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not envy all that stuff but just think............you will be home soon! I got the presents for Taylor and Laynee for Christmas. I have put them up in the closet til Christmas. If they see them, its all over! Thanks so much for thinking of us Aunt Teresa and Uncle Dave. I have something for Nathan but would you rather I hold it til you come to Michigan? It would be one less thing to have to pack. Let me know. Thanks again....we love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah,next year he will be in the swing of things,,,NEW TOYS.!!you should make up a universal packing list and just use it every 4 years and just add more kids on the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be nice if we could, but every move is so different. Some bases have loan closets and furniture to borrow, and others don't. The time we get to stay in Billeting is different ever move so it really makes it a totally different experience every time.

    ReplyDelete