Moment of the Week

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful!


Here we were starting to worry our last winter would be a dud.  Well, that concerns us no longer.  We have been getting about a foot a day for the past week, except Thursday, and boy its been blowing.  Friday we got 13 inches, Saturday we got 14 inches, and all the while its been blowing 40 knots.  Today they have wind and heavy snow warnings out, I'd bet we get another foot today.  
Dave has Monday and Tuesday off this  week, he works Wednesday, then gets Thursday and Friday off...And then next Monday and Tuesday he won't be working because the movers are coming.   It has been nice, especially because the weather makes you want to make an extra pot of coffee and stay home!  We have plenty of things we want to get done before the movers come on the 5th.    Today I took down all of the curtains, and I'm washing and folding them.  I took down the rods, and cleaned them.  I took down the decorative shower curtains I had hanging in the kitchen to close off the washer and dryer.  I took down the decorative shower curtain in the bathroom too.  Everything is getting washed before we move.  Tomorrow, I want to clean the dressers, take out the drawers, and clean the dust and cobwebs underneath and behind.  I want to clean the nightstands as well.  Maybe I will get to cleaning the racks in our closet.  I don't want to move any Japanese dust bunnies to New Mexico. 
I didn't think to clean like this when we moved last time.  I remember the movers pulled the dresser from the wall, and I saw all the cobwebs, and was begging them to hang on so I could get a rag. LOL
Next weekend I need to pack our suitcases... Its strange to pack a suitcase a month in advance.... Takes a lot of forethought.
Well, we hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.  Best wishes for a wonderful New Years.  Be safe.
OH. I almost forgot... Yesterday we celebrated our 7th anniversary! Can you believe that?  Dave bought me a pair of really beautiful earrings... He's the best.  I'm a lucky duck!

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow. We thought we were going to get some here. That's a big NO! Today it's sunny and probably 50 degrees! I'm just wearing a winter vest and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two are very special and I'm glad to see you still treat each other that way Happy 7th

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way more snow than I'd ever want to shovel hope you both enjoy it

    ReplyDelete