Moment of the Week

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another Year Older

We celebrated my 26th birthday yesterday.  David made me an awesome cake, and he gave me a nice sewing box for our trip.  Its smaller than my current box so it will be easier to travel with.  It was a nice day and I got lots of really great presents.  AND I don't really feel any older. 

We have finally been working on hammering out some of our trip plans.  We still need to figure out how to buy Dave's plane tickets, but we have a little bit of time for that.  I think we have both been enjoying the fact that traveling home this summer is so much more relaxed than last year doing the long flights with an infant.  I am happy that we can drive now.  Even though most don't consider a 24 hour drive a blessing, we sure do.  Especially since its 10% of the cost of our previous trips home from Misawa.  We definitely enjoy that!!  

 

Lots of projects for me right now.  I counted the other night.  I have 10 quilts in various stages.  Some are waiting for the binding to be closed during our roadtrip(like my Dazed and Confused Quilt, seen here <--), some are just tops, some are partly cut out, some are just piles of washed fabric waiting patiently.  I am about to jump into another quilt along, not because I need another project, but because they are so darn fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment