Moment of the Week

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day







We were complaining about the heat this past week, so of course today it was rainy and gloomy.  Go figure.   But it ended up being a nice day for us.  


We grilled burgers and I made beans and potato salad.  Then we took our cranky Nathan to the fireworks in downtown Clovis.  It was supposed to start at 8:45 which is our tot's bedtime.  But I don't think it started until well after nine.  We had just got up and started packing our chairs up thinking they would never start, when BAM BAM.  It was funny.  The town's show was really impressive.  I was surprised.  Nate didn't mind the noise really, but he was so cranky by the time it was over we were packing up to go.  Once we got the chairs folded up the finale was shooting off. 

Scary stuff when fireworks are legal for any joe idiot shmoe to buy.  Really frightening!

Nathan kept lifting up his shirt to show us his belly button today.  Its a new thing.  He makes me laugh. 



No comments:

Post a Comment