Moment of the Week

Monday, November 21, 2011

Sandbox Salutations Wk 18

"The week of the Fog"



Every day this week so far, we get at least a little bit of fog in the early morning.  This day was the worst of all.  It was so thick that you could swim your way through it.  It's pretty weird when you are driving around and know that these aircraft are 20 feet from you but can't see a single one untill you are right on top of it.

I hope everyone is gearing up for thanksgiving this week.  The people at the chow hall are planning quite a feast.  They had the stats posted of everything that they are preparing, the one that stood out the most was the amount of turkey they are cooking, somewhere around 10,000 pounds of the stuff will be served to us.

Happy thanksgiving everyone, and eat lots of good home cooked food for me.  And Teresa, I'm going to miss your sweet potato casserole, yumm!!

1 comment:

  1. I will too. I'm not making it here. So maybe when you get home we will have a mini holiday meal?

    ReplyDelete