Moment of the Week

Monday, January 2, 2012

Sandbox Salutations Wk 24

Surprised Sighting

The "Pride of Detroit"
I was sitting in my truck a couple of nights ago and noticed that a Michigan Tanker rolled past me.  So later that day I drove around the flightline to see where it went and found it on the other side of the airfeild.  This one just happens to be called the "Pride of Detroit".  Seemed fitting as we all know this past weekend secured the Lions first playoff Birth since 1999, Did you know that was also the same year Berry Sanders retired.  Such a long time ago.

Only a few weeks left, It's nice to say that I'll be home this month.  I miss my family like crazy and can't wait to get back to them.  I love you all, Teresa, Nate and Anna, Oh yeah, can't forget about Juki Bird.

2 comments:

  1. well, hopefully Bonnie won't be able to reach Jukibird for awhile so atleast you'll get to see him before the bird dog tries anything. We cannot wait until you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool tanker!

    We can't believe you will be home soon. We are so excited for you guys! We'll have to drive up when you guys are settled!

    ReplyDelete