Moment of the Week

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our Doing Dial Has Been Cranked Up

 It appears spring has arrived. Our ten day forecast has been good for the past week so we have been busting our humps.  I can't say how many hours we have spent at home improvement stores....

 We spent a small fortune at the greenhouse last weekend.  
And if we weren't at church, Lowe's  or the greenhouse we were at home in the dirt.  Working.  Sweating. Cursing(me).  
We bought some dwarf trees for our front bed.  This bed had unkept roses when we moved in.  All of the neighbors we have spoken to said it was good we just ripped them out.  

When we moved in.


Earlier this spring.


Sunday


Monday-  I added rock around the trees leaving room to plant flowers.  I want to do white asylum in the front and along the house I'm hoping I can plant my cocks comb.  That empty square there is where I planted my moonflower.  I'm hoping I can get it to grow up onto something so it looks a little more tame than they naturally grow.  
 Besides the front bed I planted this pretty corkscrew grass in my driveway containers.  Last year I had a moss rose in these and they did so well in the heat so I'm going to hunt for those again this year.  I think they will look pretty in front of this funky grass. 

 I also planted some hanging baskets for the front porch.  I need to get hooks though.  Maybe today I'll have time to stop by menards.  
 I planted some hanging baskets for the backyard also.  Its kinda shady back there.  
 I put in some Hostas, and my bleeding heart. 
 And finally I planted my peas yesterday, and while I was at it I did the carrots, spinach and lettuce.  After Gary asked if I had actually spent money on that corkscrew grass he told me I should already have my peas coming up.  So I'm a little behind.  Dave planted some rhubarb too... he talks about it all the time.  Don't bring it up with him.... he isn't rational.  

So things are looking better around here.  At-least in the front of the house.... we still have GIANT dirt patches in the backyard.  Sod soon I hope.   

Until then you'll find me out front watering every morning, Gary says you have to water trees for three years in South Dakota..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment