Lately I've been encouraging a couple of friends to start and keep a blog. I think its an amazing way to keep track of what has happened in your life. Things you forget! Things that let you see the big picture of why you are so lucky and how amazing your life is. At-least that is what my blog does for me. SO I thought just to prove this point I would look back at the first week of May for the past several years as I've kept a blog. ahhhh memories.
2006 I was blogging about going to the Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival in Aomori, Japan.
2007 I was posting a recap of our week long trip to Tokyo with Sean and Sandy.
2008 I had posted about how the weather had been really nice and we had taken Nate to walk along the gorge in Towada. I also wrote about how excited I was that we were traveling to the states in a few weeks, and I mentioned how Nate had been sleeping in his own room and that I was sleeping better.
2009 We had moved to New Mexico and I wrote about it being hot and how I had turned on a twirly sprinkler for Nathan to run through... He was 15 months in this photo.
2010 I had only posted once in May and I wrote about us putting in a garden. There wasn't another post until August. I believe the reason was because I had been posting quilt things on our family blog and then I decided to start a quilting blog and I wasn't sure what do do about our family page. I picked it up in August when I switched our family blog to blogger and started with the 'moment of the week' and blogged pretty regularly after that.....
2011 We had moved to South Dakota and I blogged about Nate getting over a fever, about needed a mammogram/biopsy, about getting my beautiful 10th anniversary ring early because Dave was getting ready to deploy, I mentioned my jade plant and I talked about the new recipes I had tried since it was our 'meatless may' adventure.
2012 I blogged about our cowboy week, I had put together a little week of preschool activities that were themed around cowboys. It was a big hit!
It was really fun to look back!

No comments:
Post a Comment