jeez we are just a mess over here. I had a painful visit to the doc's yesterday... luckily we have chased down some answers to the scary questions that have been floating around for the past few months. Thankfully I do not have breast cancer. It has been stressful, and a bit painful, to get this great news. But I still need to have surgery on one breast to remove a sinister milk duct. Hopefully I can get this taken care of before Dave deploys.
Along with me whining about my biopsy wound Nate has been burning up. Nothing wrong with him, he just had a nice high fever the past couple of days. I think it broke a few hours ago, and he is cool as a cucumber now. Thank heavens.
Aside from the cancer scare and Nate's hot potato stint, thing have been really nice here. The weather is wonderful, Dave is working short days during this class he is taking, and life is pretty great as a whole.
Once we got word that Dave will be deploying and will miss our 10th wedding anniversary this coming winter(and the trip we were planning), Dave swooped in and bought me a new ring. I got it early, and I love it so much!
New life is sprouting up in my window sill. MONTHS ago Nate pulled a leaf off my jade plant... fearing he would be in trouble I saw him hide it in another pot.... well a little while later I went to toss it and saw it was rooting! I was so excited. so here is the new plant sprouting off the old leaf. It makes my day watching it grow. Next week I get to water my shamrock plant! I am so excited to wake it up. It is my favorite plant and I have been missing it, but I know it needed a rest.
Meatless May is going really well! Wednesday we had Tortellini with Tomato-Cream Sauce. It was incredible. Dave scooped some of the sauce up with his bread and said, "Is this dinner or desert?!" It was really really wonderful! Dave and I agreed that we didn't miss meat at all!! And it was satisfying. And it was a cinch to make!
Tonight we had Black Bean Tortilla Pie. It was really good! Full of flavor and we didn't miss meat tonight either. We served it up with homemade spanish rice.
On the 1-10 scale both of us rate both of these meals at a 10 for satisfying and a 0 for missing meat. YAY!
wow 10 years!!! thats a long time! :D Congrats!
ReplyDelete