Moment of the Week

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Greenery

Nate super excited to help with his new Diego shovel!
We finally decided to go for it and buy some flowers. We were still worried about the weather a bit, since it hasn't been real warm yet. But I think it has stayed above freezing long enough to take the plunge. Since our house will change hands this summer, and the new owners will be taking over the landscaping, I didn't want to put anything in the ground, only to have them tear it up in August. So, I stuck to planters.


That wouldn't be a coincidence that I gave him the snapdragon without any flowers


He was very gentle and helped push the dirt around nicely.



Our front porch and back deck still desperately need some paint. Hopefully Dave can get that done before he leaves. But, I love the red geraniums. I went to a local greenhouse in Rapid, and it was a wonderful place!

Along our driveway and sidewalk it looks like a border was ripped out, and the grass is still kind of patchy. So we were nervous about putting a border back in. But I had all of these planters already, so I just lined them along the walkway.

I put little cheesy garden sticks in the planters to distract Nate from the flowers. I can stick the little doodads back in much easier than a petunia that has been ripped out....

On either side of the garage I put my large planters, with a similar set up to what I had in New Mexico last summer. I just loved them last year.

Now I pray is stays nice out!

No comments:

Post a Comment