Its been two days now since the blizzard ended. We have power, fresh milk from the store, our neighbor hood was finally plowed an hour ago. The sun is out the temps are warm. Thankfully since there isn't too much snow removal to do because of these temps the men folk have been busy cleaning up the mess. Dave had today off since so many roads were still impassable. Actually before an hour ago people coming in to our neighborhood could only get as far as our street. Then the drifts were so bad they would park here and hoof it.
We don't have a chain saw. We don't need these big tools since the guys that have them don't get to play with them hardly enough. So far this is what had been removed.
This tree we are going to keep and hope...
This one isn't going to make it.
Our tree on our side yard used to make a sweet canopy over the fence gate. Its much thinner but will be alright.
The tree in the back lost a lot on the top, but otherwise it came out alright.
The ground looks like tree carnage. So odd to see these green leaves littering the snow.
I took a photo of my garden. Hehe. The tomatoes are poking through the melting snow.
These front trees were a huge selling point for us when we bought this house.
I'm pretty heartbroken. Dave is too.
I'm happy we are safe. I'm glad we weathered the storm at home together instead of stranded like so many. I'm relieved and grateful our power is back on. We're fortunate everything in our deep freezer stayed frozen. It's nice that the USPS got mail out today, those people amaze me. (remember this?)
I'm really glad that I sprang for flowers on Thursday when I was at Safeway. They really cheer me up when I'm stuck at home for four days.
No comments:
Post a Comment