We had a really nice surprise to our Thanksgiving plans when my mom decided to come spend Thanksgiving with us. We had just a little more that a week of notice! So we wrapped up our school week and planned a week off while Grandma was here.
Last Sunday we went to the airport to pick her up.
During the beginning of the week we just enjoyed having her here. She came to hockey class, we went shopping, took her with us to run errands and enjoyed afternoons around town. Dave and I went out last Tuesday on a real date. We had a lengthy dinner, and saw a long movie. It was a nice treat.
Then we started getting ready for Thanksgiving. Wednesday night we made the chex mix...
I prepared the cranberry marble mold. This year I tried a cranberry and cherry jello combo.... still tasted like cherry though.
David made the pumpkin pie.
On Thanksgiving, I made the normal spread.
Set a fancy table.
And our feast came together easily.
We ate.
It was delicious.
We slept through black Friday sales and had a special breakfast to welcome Mr. Piggy back.
We put up the tree, and decorated the house.
Mom decided to save on shipping this year, and loaded the tree with gifts.
We had a nice time all week! Nate enjoying coloring with Grandma, doing puzzles,watching Christmas movies, and listening to stories.
Our last day with Mom was pretty busy. After a lengthy walk through Menards, we hit Culvers up one last time, and headed to a fourth birthday party at the bowling alley. Then it was time for the Festival of Lights parade. We found a really fun new pizza place downtown and had dinner.
We enjoyed the parade.
Then spent awhile walking around Who's. We finished off the evening with some skating...
And by we, I mean Dave and Nate. Mom and I stayed close to the fire pit.
The week was wonderful. And yet I chose not to spend a huge part of the visit snapping perfect photos with my camera. The stress from that would have taken something away from her trip. Living in the moment was a treat.
It was a really great Thanksgiving and week!
Tomorrow back to school!
No comments:
Post a Comment