Moment of the Week

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Busy

 I truly hate that the title of this post is Christmas Busy.  Sadly we have been the past few weeks.  Usually I have most everything organized and done before December rolls around, and we relax and enjoy things the whole month long.  This year I was running late with my Christmas cards, the Christmas cookies, finishing shopping, and we just started shipping.  I have also been super busy with sewing projects, it hasn't made me stresses so much, as I'm just a little scattered and busy.  But things this week are evening out, and it should be a nice week.

We squeezed in cooking baking one evening a week ago.
 Nate helped out and had a really fun time this year. Actually after I did a batch I turned the rolling and cutting and baking over to Dave and Nate and they banged it out.  I should delegate more often. 
Strangely after we had them baked it took several nights before I asked Dave to handle the frosting.  And he did!  I was doing things nearby and listening, and they were having a good time.  Nate took advantage of Dave's not as watchful eye and ate nearly as many cookies as he frosted.  

This past weekend the boys assembled this gingerbread house.  I was finishing up my last Christmas sewing project and they were working on this. It was the first time I have ever bought a kit and Dave was cussing.  Gotta love the Christmas spirit eh?  

Other festive things have been going on around here, along with work and home school.  
Hopefully now I'll be way less hurried and this week will be jolly and memory filled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment