Moment of the Week

Friday, January 24, 2014

a peek


I wish I had the patience to wait for a huge reveal, but I wanted to share a little peek at our progress so far in the shower.  


We put up the tile last weekend, then waited the recommended 48 hours to grout.  I have to say I've never heard Dave complain about a task until the grouting began.  The only word that fits would be whiny.   It was odd.  But the grout is done now.  


I just want to mention that this DIY was done without a wet saw.  We had the guys at Lowe's cut 3/8" off ten of the tiles for the back wall.  Otherwise we got by with a file and a little saw file thinger.  I will share more on our experience at Lowe's soon.  
We are headed there again this evening to get a tile and grout sealer, and a can of paint for the walls.   


Next paycheck we are going to buy some peel and stick flooring tiles.  This is a glimpse of the flooring issue we have currently in our master bathroom. 


The floor vent cover can't even set in the hole because the flooring is all rippled and raised. 


Yep, it's horrendous.  


So Dave has some caulking to do after or before the sealer(I'm not sure).  The shower fixtures need to go up.  We are going to reuse the mixing fixture because new seem to be super expensive.... I would like to find a new knob at least, but it can wait.  The shower rod should arrive by Monday.  I cannot wait to take a damn shower in my bathroom!


Wish us luck!  This DIY crap is a real challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment