Moment of the Week

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Jewel Cave

Dave had a long four day weekend for the Fourth.  He spent a good amount of time repainting our new guest room, which used to be Nate's room, and was quite a bright blue color.  The trim painting also moved ahead, and actually moved up since now the stairway is painted and the entire downstairs (minus the laundry room, which is also going to be repainted soon-ish)


But on Sunday, my 31st birthday, we went to church after a blueberry pancake breakfast.  Then after lunch we headed towards Jewel Cave National Monument.  It's about 50 miles from home, and we had to drive through the hills to get there.  


We went on a tour that was over and hour and included walking up and down 720 steps.


The sights were pretty amazing.


The only thing I thought was poopy was that you could only take photos when the tour stopped and there were lots of cool stuff while we were moving that would have been nice to stop and look at.  


Nate did really well on the tour, but I expected he would since he did so well at Carlsbad Caverns when he was little.


It was a fun way to spend a birthday.... and since we had walked up and down 720 steps I had a buffalo burger for dinner!  


After dinner we had cake and I opened gifts.  
Then Dave went back to painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment