As much as I loved Nate's loft bed it was a problem for a 5'2" mom to change sheets and reach up there in general.... So this year when yard sale rolled around I knew I wanted to post the bed on Craigslist. After a few days we did sell the bed, and we had the cash to find Nate a new twin bed and we had great luck.
There was a twenty five day old posting for this Jenny Lind twin bed and I thought for sure it was an old ad that surely the bed was long sold and I was getting my hopes up only to have them crushed. But... It wasn't sold so I bought it! We love it. Nate loves it, even though the first few nights he fell out of bed several times.... go figure, he never fell from the loft bed.
Then I was hopelessly patrolling for night stands and happened to find THE PERFECT nightstand! It looks like it could have been a matching set for the bed! I even braved a craigslist meeting on my own to score this table!( I usually kiss Dave good-bye and send him to pick up my craigslist finds) The table top could use refinishing, but right now we are going to leave it. Maybe next winter....maybe.
So Nate's room is looking pretty grown up. I'm hunting for an antique dresser and a military style foot locker..... I think once the red and blue toy box is replaced it will look really grown up in there. I'm also working on a new quilt for Nate. The current quilt is still nice, but I did make it for a one year old. The new quilt will have navy blue, gray, and green prints. I think it will be handsome.
Speaking of growing up, Dave and Nate exclusively read chapter books at night before bed now. They have been enjoying these Baseball Card Adventures books. I bought a three pack(Babe, Jackie, and Mickey) from Scholastic. Nate really loves these historical tales. I'm so happy that Nate loves reading, and I feel so lucky that I picked a husband that is willing to read to his son every night.
Love Nate's new digs!!! Can't wait to see it in person! Space theme?
ReplyDeleteJackie