This year has passed in a whirlwind for me. My year felt sad and stressful, but I love that looking back Nate had a great year! I'm so happy about that.
January-our 100th day of kindergarten
February- a science experiment he loved.
March- losing his first tooth
April- this was a craft at church.... he was so cute I could hardly wait to get to the car to snap a photo.
May- a practice camp out in the backyard. We tested our homemade fire-starters and realized this tent was too small for Dave.
June-Pond watching, part of our summer school pond study.(we never went back, a couple days later they found a dead body in this particular pond)
July- hiking a trail in Yellowstone.
August- Start of 1st grade!
September- This was taken in Dayton, Ohio at the Wright Brother's Museum.
October- Dave made his Raphael costume this year. It was a huge success.
November- a day or two before snow and freezing temps hit I rushed Nate outside before school to take his 'school' photo for the year. If you get our Christmas card you probably got a copy.
December- Nate was a great help with cookies this year, he took it very seriously because apparently he thinks he was 'kicked out of the kitchen' last year.
I'm glad our happy boy is such a kind, thoughtful kid with a great faith in God and hilarious sense of humor. He makes things easier to deal with....
....like when he decides to teach his little cousin a lesson by singing her "You can't always get what you waaaannnnt" by the Rolling Stones......
.....or when I have to go tell him that another loved one has passed away and his reply, "Did he/she know God?" I answer yes. He nods his head and says, "okay we will see them in heaven someday."
Next year will surely be full of bumps and tough moments as our family will be apart for half of the year. I am praying that this sweet boy is able to keep smiling during those months, and that Dave will be safe, and that I won't be stricken with anxiety this time, and our family will come back together unscathed.



No comments:
Post a Comment