Moment of the Week

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Hike


I have this amazing friend that I met through my cousin Katie.  This woman has been part of my online quilting group of friends and she is a very talented quilter.  She recently started hiking the Appalachian Trail!  She keeps a trail journal and updates photos and progress on Facebook.  Dave and I love A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, and watching as she hikes it in real time has been beyond fun and inspirational!  We keep talking about doing it someday.  Of course hiking 10-15 miles a day sounds pretty impossible to me.  So talking is fun, but harmless.

My local friend has been getting out to hike with her two small boys, and invited us along .  Being as inspired as I am I thought it sounded fun.  We went yesterday as the weather was absolutely gorgeous.   
The trail was also gorgeous.  Nate and I had a really great time.  I think we might go back again very soon!  Although I had seen tree pollen alerts for our area and today I my head feels very cloudy with allergy junk.  Hopefully that will let up soon.    
Here are some shots of the hike I took with my phone.  
  















This trail is 14 miles long.... maybe if I can eventually go 7 miles, and back 7 I might move the AT up to possible.  I'd really like that. 


1 comment: