Moment of the Week

Monday, June 13, 2016

A Tour of the Fairy Garden


I mentioned the fairy garden but I wanted to show some of the little details of our fairy garden.



We have four little fairy houses... actually one is a gnome house.... let me show you.



This is the gnome house.  Its a fun planter that I picked up at Meijer.  
The pan is screwed into a log that was cut from our ash tree that we lost in the blizzard of '13.  
We've saved all of the logs for some strange reason, and using a couple in the garden seemed perfect!
I planted lots of succulents in this tray.
Hens and Chicks, and a couple different types of Sedum, and a shade version of the Vinca Vine.


Our little gnome is working in his side yard with a shovel.
He also has a little grill in his yard.....


And a little rabbit.


Our largest tray has the smallest house, but no residents yet.
 ( I bet we will always be adding to our fairy garden).  
I like the colorful pathway tiles that I found at Hobby Lobby, and I like the mossy yard.
I planted more Sedum and a Vinca Vine and those little purple flowers, which I have no clue what they were.


This yard does have a little dog house and dog.
So when we do find residents they will have a pet.


Our barrel planter has a rocky yard with some Irish Moss.  
I can't remember what that little flower is, but I hope it lives.
The glass tile walkway is so sparkly and I love it.



At the bottom of the barrel the glass walkway continues with a path to the river and a path to the big house.


The big house is on the ground level and has a little bridge crossing the river.  
There is a little fishing pole with the day's catch.. and asparagus ferns on each side of the house.
This house has a solar light and looks so fun at night when it is lit up.



The other two houses have pathways leading to the river also.
In the back between the stumps we have a little 'forest' of coleus.



The river flows along the village and ends in a little pool that has a beach..... that needs some work...


We made a little well.....




 We have lots of other fun things planned for our garden..... I'll keep you posted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment