Oh what a busy busy life we came home to!
Besides catching up on laundry and cleaning and dog lovin up....
....the yard was BANANAS when we got home.
The first thing I saw when we pulled up to our house was this!!
The little returning rose bush that I had asked Dave to dig out (for the third time) was HUGE and had a zillion flowers!
It has never flowered before!
I asked Dave why he hadn't told me!
He said so I would be surprised, but I have a feeling he actually didn't notice it!
Good grief!
I had to trim off all of the spent blossoms and get sticks to wrangle it in!
Everything in the yard needed watering big time!
The vegetable garden, which I planted before I left, had hardly anything coming up and I could tell immediately it had not been watered enough.
So, I replanted and started a religious watering schedule.... things are already popping up, beans, the missing zucchini plant, cucumbers, but I don't know if the peas will ever have a chance.
They should be a foot tall, but instead I am waiting for them to emerge from the dirt.
I'm trying not to be upset about it.
Oh well.
They are just snacking peas anyways.
I shouldn't have left during planting time.
I made a trip to Jollylane for flowers for the beds.
And a trip to The Plantsmyth for tomato and pepper plants.
I grabbed some herbs too since mine had not grown, and got a little excited about the options!
I bought dwarf basil, which has smaller leaves, AND a cinnamon basil plant!!
I can't wait to see how that goes!
So around the yard things are looking better.
And some of the things I planted before I left are going well!
Like this planter on the deck!
We've spent a lot of time on the deck lately because we hung up fun lights...
And after four years we bought a table for the deck.
It feels like summer is in full swing around here!
Also, and most excitedly, we just changed the boring rock bed in the back yard that is under the bay window and off the deck.....
Into a not so boring fairy garden!
More on that SOON!











No comments:
Post a Comment