Moment of the Week

Saturday, August 26, 2006

JUST A FEW IDEAS

So I was just trying to plan this weeks meals so I can make my shopping list and I thought, 'why is this always so hard?'.  I have plenty of meals that I make that we really like, but I always have a hard  time picking 6 meals for the week.  I always try to mix things up so we don't end up eating the same things over and over.  Since  I am doing my food shopping tomorrow morning I want to get my list done tonight.  Well, I just finished my list and thought maybe I will share it.  Maybe someone else is trying to think of something for dinner and wants to try something new.  So, this is what we are having this week:

Monday- Slow Cooker Beef & Pork Barbecue Sandwiches with Coleslaw and Corn on the Cob.

Tuesday- leftovers

Wednesday-San Diego Chicken with California mix veggies

Thursday- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Uncle Ben's Rice  and Snow peas

Friday- Cuban Pork Chops with  corn on the cob and rice with black beans

Saturday- Grilled Steaks with Southwest rub, seasoned and grilled whole new taters, and steamed Broccoli. 

Luckily next weekend is a holiday weekend so I am counting on going out Sunday.  Yippie!!  If anyone wants a recipe let me know. I have tons of really great recipes.

Well, I was also able to finish The Freedom Writers Diary today  If you want to read some incredible stories pick up this book!  These kids went through things I thought only happened in the movies.  I am telling you, I have lived a really sheltered life, but I never really knew that until I read this book.   There were a few stories I was just blown away by.  Some made me cry.  Some I can't stop thinking about.  Read this book!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment