Moment of the Week

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Melissa

Today is My mother- in-law's birthday. She opened the gift we sent her a few days ago!! What a cheater.

I have had a crazy couple of days. I got the quilt top finished. The applique was tricky but I like how it turned out. I got the blocks sewn on Monday and then Tuesday I put the elephant and the borders on. I have to take a break though.... So I will quilt it and finish it next week. Boy, after a couple hours of working on it on Monday I was cross-eyed. I thought I was going to go crazy, but I am glad it looks so nice.

I am reading a really cute book, it's called Dreaming Southern by Linda Bruckheimer. It is about a mom taking her 4 kids on a road trip in a 1953 Packard, she is driving from Kansas to California, but she takes a bunch of side trips on the way taking them to Alabama, Louisiana, and Minnesota. I like it so far. Check it out if you are looking for something fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment