Moment of the Week

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Clean-2

My first flowers are coming up on my shamrock!
 The weather still isn't very spring like.  Its been COLD... but the forecast today is a high of 43 which is a big improvement from the past few days. 
My cleaning arsenal.  
 I cleaned almost all day yesterday!  I was still in my pjs sweating and cleaning at four when Dave got home.   But he didn't dare comment that I was still in my jammies since I was covered in dust and obviously hadn't been sitting on the sofa watching soaps all day.  Smart man.


before
after





I did straighten up the coat closet.  It wasn't really messy, just it's normal Dave and Nate just toss crap in there state.  But I did straighten up our scarf/mitten baskets and tidy up.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to take the 5 winter coats out and the mitten baskets out and make room for outdoor toys like bubbles, water guns,  chalk, and Frisbees.  


I did cover the closet shelf, which felt productive!  

So with the living room and entryway done I decided to start in the kitchen!  I told you yesterday that I cleaned the dishwasher first, which was gross but a quick job.  Then I decided to start the fridge which was terrible and I knew it.  I'm sorry if you have eaten here and telling you this grosses you out.... But I don't think I cleaned the fridge when we moved in... Probably because I knew I was going to have to clean the fridge at the townhouse and I ain't cleaning two fridges in one month...But lately I've been noticing stuff like this.....


   
And I've been wondering if that's been here since we moved in.  NOW WAIT.  If your gagging please..... its not like my fridge is even on the same scale of nasty as the crap I see on hoarders....

So I spent hours seriously cleaning the fridge... like the way I would to pass a housing inspection.  So now I know its realllly clean.  

I vacuumed underneath which was a jackpot of crazy dust. Pulled out the fridge and sucked up the dust bunnies underneath... mopped the dusty floor under there too!

 My attachment got clogged and that says something because I have a Dyson ....even if there was part of a mini flashlight in the tool via Nathan.

Considering it took hours to do the fridge I didn't get much else done.  I cleaned the stove-top and I dusted the cabinets.  The ridges were really dusty all of a sudden, it was bazaar.....but they are clean now!


I also cleaned this mess!  PTL

I want to wipe down the cabinet shelves and inside the drawers this week.  I would like to remove the old lady shelf paper.  Because you know its like..... someone else's shelf paper and that kinda creeps me out.
   

Here is how Martha says to clean your fridge.... I do it the same way of course!(but I used Bon ami on my glass shelves because the grime was so bad... and it hasn't scratched yet!  LOL (that's Bon Ami's catch phrase)(Martha uses Bon ami!))


No comments:

Post a Comment