Most of our snow has melted recently. We are enjoying sunlight until well after 7 pm, and recently a few nice-ish days. I've had visitors checking in several times a day to see if I've filled my feeder.
The yard is a mud pit which makes the in and out, in and out, in and out of the dogs even more annoying. Bonnie is a sad thing when I tell her she can't go back outside 5 minutes later.
Since its springy and I have this awesome app telling me I should start my seeds I decided to get on that this morning.
If you have a iPhone and are going to do a garden you should look into it! You tell the app where you live, what you want to grow and it sets up a planner telling you when its safe to plant outside depending on the vegetable, and when to start seeds inside! Hot Dog! Isn't that smart??
So, this is my last shot at starting seeds inside. If this flops I'm not doing it ever again. Last year Bonnie knocked down my healthy 3 or 4 week tomatoes..... We tried one year in New Mexico with no luck. If this doesn't work I'll just buy the dang plants at the greenhouse! I'm trying this potting mix this year. *fingers crossed*
The directions said to put it in a container and water it until was moist... I didn't seem to have an appropriate vessel, so I used a kitchen bowl. I didn't want to use the bucket we use for mopping and washing the car.... I think I need to look into some gardening gear.
Once the soil is moist then you fill the cups half way.
I thought it was smart of me to label the cups BEFORE I sprinkled the seeds in so I wouldn't forget which ones had what. Ask me how I knew that would be an issue for me.....
I had the seeds ready
Nate helped. He sprinkled the seeds.
He follows directions really well and was happy to be part of starting the garden.
Some of the seeds were really tiny!
Good thing we had a magnifier!
After we covered the seeds with dirt Nate misted the tops. The veggies were done.
I got a tray set up for some flowers and Nate told me we were going to need a LOT of dirt!
"Like a bag THIS big Mom!"
" THIS HUGE!"
The flower seeds were tiny, so I put them in the cups and covered them up...
.....While Nate and Bonnie ran around the house like crazies until Nate wiped out and was hollering....
"I can't get up! No Bon! I can't get up!" But then he got up and they started running around again.
The seeds are sowed.... we will see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment