Moment of the Week

Monday, April 8, 2013

Back At It

Can it be right?  We are IN April now?  Easter has passed?  
 This year, since I booked a visit to the Qs then realized Easter was in March this year, I wasn't home for Easter. I emailed the EB and he said it would be no biggie to come Friday night instead of Saturdaynight.  He hid the eggs and stuffed the baskets.  
 One of the eggs had a whole bunch of little NASCARs.   


We had banana pancakes and then the boys took me to the airport to fly to Georgia.  
The boys still went to church on Sunday to celebrate Jesus of course.  I went with the Qs family to their church where they make fun of Yankees..... rude.  
 The week was nice.  It was fun getting to know Meredith!  She is a fun girl. 
 Frank took a day off and we went to downtown Atlanta.  
 We went to the world of coke.  The tasting room was fun especially with the variety of Fanta which we fell in love with when we lived in Japan.  Although there was a whole crap ton of 2nd graders running a muck in the tasting room and I literally saw kids doubled over groaning.  My fav... vomit.  

We ate at the varsity and then went to CNN.  I'm such a news geek that the CNN tour was pretty exciting.  Although Frank thinks Fox News probably has a better tour.... and since I bought a mug and the "CNN" decal  rubbed right off the first time I touched it after being washed... I myself have to guess  that Fox news mugs aren't crap either.  SO if you ever come over and see a blue mug with a 'CNN' written in black sharpie don't ask because you'll just get a 'damn liberals' response. 

So I came home.  Gave Nate the new undies I had bought him and we had a nice three day weekend together.  We went to Lowe's on Friday and purchased a new stove.  Its such a momentous occasion in our house.    
 It was delivered yesterday.  
It isn't fancy.  It isn't the all popular 'stainless', but dang this baby preheats the oven in lightening speed. Other dorky things I love-  It has a window,  a light, a timer, it doesnt have three pilot lights, and when you open the oven door the light comes on(like a fridge!).

So since its Monday and we may be snowed in this week (possibly 20 inches???!??) I'm going to jump back into my spring cleaning!  First I want to clean out the bathroom cabinets,  and do a major cleaning to the shower.(with Bon Ami of course)  I'm going to skip the master bathroom though because we just have so much work to do in there- tile walls, flooring, and painting.
If we really do get twenty inches then I'll move on to wiping down kitchen cabinet shelves and drawers.   I want to remove the shelf paper that is in there and put down fresh.

How about you? 

Are you spring cleaning yet??




No comments:

Post a Comment