It isn't too 'spring' like over here yet.
| our south dakota spring |
But since its nearly April and since I'm going to take my time this year I decided to started my spring cleaning anyways. Before I had Nathan I would spring clean the whole dang house in a week. Just totally bang it all out! I don't think I can do that anymore.(and stay sane) My goal is to have every room done within 30 days. So I started on March 23rd, and I want to be finished by April 20th or so. I think it's doable and relaxed.
On Saturday I couldn't take the dirty carpet anymore and I just started clearing everything out so we could shampoo the carpets. We still want to replace the carpet someday, but it definitely helped! And hopefully I relayed to Dave that he is NEVER allowed to give three boys popsicles inside this house and let them roam around freely ever again. The carpet gets really rough with the dogs' muddy feet as it is!
Nate got in on the cleaning action too. Cleaning his desk was way fun for him, and it was getting grubby.... I think there was jelly on it??? I hope it was jelly!
While the carpet was drying I went through the living room and entryway cabinets....purged the junk, dusted and reorganized. Dusted the living room lamps thoroughly ... washed the living room curtains, dusted the pictures in the living room and cleaned their glass. Since the baseboards have been painted very recently, I consider the living room DONE! If I go through the coat closet today then the entryway will be done too!
I did THIS today
Are you spring cleaning yet?
Do you have one of THESE? I love ours! Worth every penny!
Did you know you are supposed to pass over high traffic areas of your carpet 8 times!
Entryway areas 12 times!
All areas deserve at least 4 passes!
Think about this friends! Before I read this I think I barely passed over everything twice at the most! YUCKY!
No comments:
Post a Comment