Moment of the Week

Saturday, May 16, 2015


Balance
There isn't much of it during a deployment.

I just got a sweet note in the mail and it said, "I admire your strength".  
The irony that this card arrived today wasn't lost on me.  
The truth is I cry a lot.  
Because I can't do everything I want to do, or even what I need to do.   
And when things go wrong, it feels like I have a mountain to climb to get things 'right' again. 


Today I cleaned up a lot of dog shit from my carpets. 
I wanted to scream.
 I did.
Then I cried.
I wanted to murder the offending canine.
I didn't.
After the shit was cleaned the puppy came in with an epic level of muddy feet.
I cried
I wanted to murder her.
I didn't.
I gave her a bath.
I had not had coffee yet.
Or breakfast.
So I showered, made coffee, had breakfast, then ran to the store for more carpet cleaning supplies.
Then I mowed my yard.

There is no balance.  I fake it.
I take an adorable photo of the puppy....and share that instead.


2 comments:

  1. I sometimes cry a lot too. I get up before my alarm and either cry, get in the shower and go to work early, or log on to see what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry with you, too. I know what it's like to be alone and have everything on your shoulders. Take one day at a time. My Grammie always said what doesn't get done today , there's always tomorrow. Smart Grammie with wisdom!

    ReplyDelete