
Dave emailed me asking me to post this as an entry in our blog. Here it is...
Hi everyone. This is a message from Dave in the far off land of INDIA. Ive been here for 2 weeks now, and feels like 2 months. The weather is hot and muggy, which is completely opposite of what we were told. So everyone has long sleeve shirts and we are all sweating like crazy, but fortunately it does cool off a little at night.
INDIA is a very different place than I have ever visited before. When I get home, Ill try to elaborate more, "Dad will understand why". But one really cool thing is to see all of these old migs " Russian Aircraft" fly. Some of these date back to the fifties and sixties. And the Indian Air force has done a great job on keeping them up in the air for all of these years. Some of the aircraft that we have seen are the mig 21, mig 27 mig 29. This past week we saw the mirage 2000, and the newest mki su 30. Now I understand that not everyone knows what these are, but you should be able to get some pictures from the Internet, and if you can't we are suppose to be having a media day so hopefully I'll be able to get some nice photos of me in front of these aircraft.
Well I'm sorry to keep it short, but the internet access for over 200 people is just 2 computers. So, I cant hog the time up. But when I get back I will write up a whole page on how my trip was. One thing though, I was able to go the Taj Mahal for a day, photos will be coming soon. Well, you all take care, and I write as soon as I get Back. Love you all Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment