Moment of the Week

Thursday, November 3, 2005

Dave Called

Dave called the other night.  He called in the middle of the night actually.  He has to use an international cell phone that some one brought with them.  He only gets a second to talk and he wont be able to call anyone back home.  I think he was going to try to check in with his folks but he said I most likely wont be able to.    He said things aren't great.  It isn't quite as terrible as he was expecting.  I believe he said something alone the lines of "This is F*$# ed up."  I believe he said that a few time.  He liked the night they spent in Singapore.  He went into Gucci and a lot of high end stores.  He hopes their return flights wont be changed.  They are supposed to stop in Singapore again but they might not fly commercial home and just take a cargo plane instead.  I don't understand this they already spend 4700 on round trip tickets.   I don't really care how he gets home just as long as he does.  I am a little worried that the change in travel plans will mean a longer time away.  I am trying not to worry about it too much though.  It will drive me crazy.  I already feel crazy enough having entire conversations with Wendy.  She looks at me like I am crazy.

I took care of the yard today.  I had the day off (thank goodness I had a bad week).  I cleaned out all of my containers and put the hose away.  I wanted to mow the yard one last time before the snow comes but I couldn't get the dang thing started.  I hate that!  Why cant they just have a key that turns them on?  I went to a winter awareness briefing on Wed.  It scared the crap out of me!  I am not ready for snow but they say it should start this month.   They already have the snow sticks up.  They have poles along the roads with reflective tape.  It is the only way they can make out the side of the road when there is so much snow.  Yikes!! They said  in the briefing that the record snowfall  was in 1984 with a total of 250 "  How the heck?  Can you imagine? 

Well, I have relayed Dave's message.  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment