Moment of the Week

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ten Years

I've been thinking alot about the ornaments on the tree.  Every year we buy an ornament for our tree.  Sometimes they are just silly, sometimes they are meaningful. Of course there are more ornaments on our tree that remind us of places we have been...The San Diego Zoo, The Hoover Dam, The Grand Canyon, a cowboy hat from Texas...and lots of other.  This year we added a Mt Rushmore and a Badlands ornament to our collection.  
I sure miss my husband.  But I also know that we are very lucky to only be spending our second Christmas apart in these ten years.  That is pretty good in the military. 
I thought I would share the ornaments... partly because no one but the Haleys have been to our house at Christmas... and partly to remind Dave that this is our tenth Christmas together.  

2001

2002

2003

2004

2005-our first year in Japan

2006
2007-the year I was pregnant with Nathan

2008- Nathan's first Christmas

2009- the year we bought the popup-Dave was gone this Christmas too

2010

2011
Remember all of them Dave?  
I wonder what our 2012 ornament will be.  

3 comments:

  1. I helped put up the tree that one year in Arizona. It was a long time so I haven't seen most of your ornaments. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to keep records of the past years! so many ornaments, and the tree looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the Santa Crew Chief, but yes i do remember all of the others. What an adventurous 10 years, I hope the next 10 bring as much joy and fun as the last.

    ReplyDelete