Moment of the Week

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Festival of Lights Parade

Last Saturday we went Downtown Rapid City for the big tree lighting ceremony and the Festival of Lights Parade.  

Downtown was just beautiful!  At the stage they had people singing carols....
People were ice skating.... They had a big countdown to the tree lighting... it was just plain perfect!  
 After the tree was lit, the parade started.  It was chilly.  Like around 30 degrees... but atleast it wasn't snowy.
 The horses and motorcycles decked in lights reminded me we are in South Dakota here....The rodeo will be back in a month or two... and Sturgis will have me locked in my house again before I know it... LOL 
 Giant snow plows decorated reminded me blizzards really happen here....I'm waaaaiting.
 And the Ellsworth AFB float, which was greeted with lots of cheering and applause while it passed by, was really cool.  But it also reminded me of why last Christmas really sucked....


.... but the fire department's smoking float reminded me of this.....


..... and this is my favorite thing right now.... so when I saw the smoke I got to exclaim,"Oh Lord Jesus it's afirre!" And all was right in the world again...and the night was just plain wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! So glad we have our families whole this year! And oh my the end cracked me up!! It's afirre u need the shirt lollll

    ReplyDelete