Moment of the Week

Friday, November 30, 2012

This time of year...

This time of year is exciting right?  
I was so excited about the festival of lights that I didn't mention Thanksgiving or our new tradition that we started this year.  So a little recap for you.
 Doesn't this make you thankful?....Me too...
We had a very relaxed Thanksgiving this year.  The couple we invited over cancelled at the last minute so it was just the three of us.  It was fine with me since I'm still taking everything in this year and enjoying our first holiday season as a family in South Dakota.

The Friday after Thanksgiving we bummed around, no Black Friday rushing around for us.  We did have a special breakfast though.


Our Elf on the Shelf moved in.  We had a special morning with a tissue paper 'snowball' fight, mini candy canes and 'snow donuts'.  We read the story of the Elf on the Shelf.  


We named our elf.....Nathan picked the name.  


After the exciting morning Dave went down to the basement to get our Christmas decorations.  We spent the afternoon putting up the tree and decking the halls.  It was really exciting to find places for my Christmas things in this new house.  

Bonnie has been handling the tree well.  


Our tree this year.

 I was playing around with my shutter speed and took this photo of Nathan jumping in-front of the tree.... talk about creepy eh?  He's fading into the tree..... eeeek



 While going through our Christmas decorations we unearthed our old village!  I thought we got rid of it when we left Phoenix.  I have not seen it since 2004!!  It spent four years in storage while we were in Misawa.  Then in New Mexico the first Christmas we spent apart as Dave was TDY, the second Christmas there we hardly decorated because the movers were coming three days later.  Last year Dave was gone again so I barely decorated since I was treading single parenthood waters just trying to get by. So four years after their four years in storage they have finally been discovered! Its a Christmas Miracle!  
   


This is our family TOGETHER this year.

We have a lot of really fun things planned this month!  


No comments:

Post a Comment