Moment of the Week

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Success is Sweet

Wednesday I caught wind of a Food Network show, The Great Food Truck Race that would be in Rapid City this weekend.  I got a little geeked..... liked all the trucks on Facebook and told the boys we were going to try all five and they would have to be good sports!  
 Downtown we were waiting when The Aloha Plate and The Slide Show trucks arrived.  
 It took them awhile to get going, then we split up to both wait in lines.  
 The Aloha Plate served up a lettuce wrap.  It said it was 'steak' but it seemed like ground beef or cube steak???   But delish anyhow. 
 The line for The Slide Show truck took longer.  
 Nathan was complaining about how hungry he was.  But by the time the bbq buffalo burger was served he was so starved he ate it all.  Which was strange since he usually had a hard time with steak.  I had a bite.  It was really good too.
 My friend Miranda had nailed down the location of two of the other trucks at the farmers market so we headed there next.  

The Tikka Tikka Taco truck was serving up Chicken Wrapid City Tacos.  Really good tacos man!  They had a kinda curry flavor and were amazing!!
 The Philly's Finest Sambonies truck was also at the farmers market.  

 They were serving up a grilled chicken sandwich.  I wasn't sure if it was canned chicken??? It was edible. 
 Back in another part of Downtown the Bowled and the Beautiful truck was serving up Bison Chili bowls with tortilla chips.

It was tasty and the chips were really good.  

Was it worth the driving around, standing in line and 12+ bucks a pop...YES.  So much fun!  It felt like a food scavenger hunt.  Could I pick a favorite?? I don't think so.  It would probably be between the slider and the tacos.  
But the afternoon was a tasty success!  

1 comment: