Moment of the Week

Friday, November 15, 2013

Field Trip

 Today in science we learned about reptiles and amphibians.  It was a pretty interesting topic.  I knew just the place to go see some real reptiles.  It's ten minutes from our house.  So after lunch we loaded up and headed out. 
 Reptile Gardens is a fun place.  We went last May so I had a pass to get in for free this time.  

Inside the dome feels like the jungle instead of the prairie.  

 There were lots of lizards running around.
 It's so great that I had the opportunity to take Nate to see the real life things we were just reading about!
 It's so cool there.  Actually its warm and humid.. but you know what I meant.
 Nate took his camera on this field trip. 
 This frog is actually in our book!
 scary.
 While we went around to the snakes I marked which continents they were from. 
 Getting an up-close view of these critters was really fun.  It always is. 
 And now I'll be more informed about traveling to certain places.  eeek. 
 After the snakes we went to see the giant tortoises.   Always so amazing. 

Sometimes I go back and forth about this experience of home schooling.  Most days are fun.  Today was a treat, and I am extra happy that we home school.  

2 comments:

  1. What is that thing that has the body of a gator but not the head?

    ReplyDelete