Moment of the Week

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

SNOW!


yeah so I just blogged yesterday,  but I have more to say. 

Well, I colored my hair last night.  See, I have white hair already.  And i mean WHITE not gray.  SO last fall while we were still in Arizona I colored my hair to try to cover the white hair.  However, it turned out really super blond and it was supposed to be a light brown.  SO lately my roots are dark and my ends are still really light so it has been driving me crazy.  SO i did  a medium brown and it looks better.  I really think I like it actually.   Thank you Melissa K for helping me pick the color out and being the first one to notice.

I stopped at the post office on my way home today.  We got three boxes from the states.  We have so many presents under the tree you can barely walk by without tripping.  Erin sent a box with lots of fun stuff in it.  She included Christmas decorations and a thing of jiffy pop.  I was kinda like whoa jiffy pop.  Then I got really excited I usually don't get jiffy pop.  I don't think i had ever used one.  It popped nice and no scorching and I think i am going to get jiffy from now on.   It was way faster and didn't burn like using microwavable popcorn does.                                                                    

So this is the thing.... In Japan they use the same plug as we do however the hertz are different.  We use 60 HZ while Japan uses 50hz.  Now when I heard this i was like, does it even matter it only a difference of 10.  Well, it does.  Things work, just not very well.  Our stove clock cant keep time (which really stinks while baking, I cant set the timer), alarm clocks from the states wont work and  most importantly the microwave doesn't work well.   So like to do popcorn in the microwave you have to set it for six minutes and then sometimes you have to add minutes.  I usually cheer it on.  This makes me sound like a crazy person but if you stand there and say encouragingly,  'you can do it.  come on"  You can get a full bag of popcorn.  If you don't cheer it on it burns, or it will deflate half way thru and you get nothing.  It is crazy I know but its true.  To reheat a dinner plate used to take three minutes it takes about 12 here.  to warm up water your looking at about 6 to 7 minutes.   SO now you know.  just appreciate your microwave when you use it.  I cant wait until we go back to the states and i don't have to curse our anymore. 

SO it is really snowing tonight.  I went out at eight and shoveled for two hours by the time I got the four inched up there was another inch on the ground.  I am pretty sure i came in just in time I believe I was in the beginning stages of frostbite.  My legs were cold and hot and red and blotchy.  It was the first time I have shoveled.  i know there will probably be a ton more before Dave gets home.  I feel bad that he comes home at two or three in the morning and shovels. 

Wendy is doing okay i guess.  She is  in a lot of discomfort.  When i first brought her home she was shaking really bad.  I hope she feels better tomorrow.  She cant get comfortable and she is confused because I wont let he go outside to pee because there is so much snow and I don't want her to get her stitches wet.  I put a puppy pad down but she is confused and drunk so she missed.  LOL  She'll understand when she gets out of her fog. 

Well that's it for now.   The picture is from last year when we got here.  They were unloading our stuff and as soon as they got it out of the crates it started snowing.  Notice the piles of snow in the picture please.  Last year we got 157 inches of snow.  That's more than 13 feet!  Its going to be a long winter

No comments:

Post a Comment