Moment of the Week

Thursday, December 1, 2005

Dave finally gets to write about INDIA Part one



Hi everybody,  I have finally found some time off to write to you all about my trip to INDIA.  I have been so busy since I have been back, they only gave us one day off then it was back to the flight line to work.

Well today is Friday, and our Commander decided that we have worked enough over the past few weeks and gave us the day off.  YEAH!!  I love getting days off.  But to tell you about my trip to INDIA will take a while, there is soo much to tell.  So here it goes, if it doesn't make sense just ask questions, as I am not good at getting all of my thoughts down on the computer, lol.

So where to start.  We left out of Misawa on Sunday evening, and flew down to Tokyo and did whole airport switch with the bus.  its not as confusing as I thought, everything was in English and easy to understand.  So we took a really nice plane from Tokyo to Singapore. It was an air bus 380.  pretty big plane.  But there we were all sitting and enjoying our free movies on the plane, and I say movies, cause nowadays they give you a choice of like 12 movies, a bunch of TV shows, and even video games, but anyway we're enjoying the ride, its late at night and dark on the plane, and all the sudden I hear and feel this thump, and I thought to my self "that was kinda weird" and then I notice that everyone around is sitting up in there seats and looking down into the aisle in front of , so what do I do, of course I look down the aisle too, well to my amazement there was a guy laying down in the aisle passed out cold.  And there is all of these people sitting around poking and prodding at this guy to get him to wake up.  finally someone says to hit the call button to get a flight attendant, so what does everybody, we all hit all call buttons at almost the same time, so for the next minute you can hear nothing but dings going off. and then finally an attendant shows up, then another, then another, and next thing we knew we had all the flight attendants on the plane hovering around this poor guy that has been poked at for the past few minutes. so the attendants didn't really know what to do, so what did they do, well you guessed it the poked and prodded him to get him to wake up. ( just Joking) they actually took over the situation and di a great job.  one of them held his feet up another stabilized his head, and for some reason another ran straight to back of the plane to grab the defibrillator.  she must have been new.  but then after he still wasn't waking up we told the attendants to call for a doctor, well luckily we had brought a military paramedic with us. but it was so surreal hearing a flight attendant call over the intercom saying " if there is a doctor on the plane please identify yourself" it was like being in the movie.  well to cut this little story short, the guy that passed out was one of our back shop workers he fixes fuel problems on the jets,  he passed out because he was dehydrated. but he was alright, except that for the rest of the trip we gave him s#!t for it. it was funny.  Well we got to Singapore with no more problems, except for when we got into the lobby of the airport, no one really knew where we would be spending the night (actually day since it was 0600 and we were leaving at O' dark thirty the next morning.)  so here is a big group of about 30 military members just huddling around trying to figure out what to do.  so finally our Captain decides to call the embassy, to find out where we were staying (the embassy was suppose to set up our Hotel and bus). well the embassy said we had room reservations at the Regent hotel, and the bus should be their.  so we start looking around and we see this guy holding a sign that says "embassy Regent" that's got to be us, we said.  so we talk to the guy and find out that yes it was us.  so we get on the bus and realize that just one bus wont fit all of us and our luggage, so we had to get a van to load the luggage in, then we were all pretty nervous about getting our bags back because half way through the bus ride we didn't see the van any more.  but we were on the bus for about 30 mins or so, and we got to this street and looked around and saw all of these big Hotels.  there was the Hilton, Four seasons, The Hyatt.  and were like I wonder where we are staying.  then we pull up to this beautiful hotel just a huge hotel with cheofers and bell boys and luggage boys.  and I thought to my self, there is no way that we are staying here.  But we did.  and we had a great time there.  I suggest any one that has a chance to go to Singapore to DO IT.  its worth the trip.  Singapore is on of the richest places in the world, and one of the cleanest.  this is because they have so many rules, cant chew gum in public ( so that you don't spit it on the side walk), you cant spit on the side walk(200 dollar fine) cant jaywalk(200 dollar fine), there is rule after rule after rule.  But it works, because everyone follows them and it has got to be the cleanest country in the world.  the side walks are clean and all one color, there is no trash strewing about, all the grass we saw was nicely mowed, there was flower beds everywhere.  just a great country to see.  not to mention the shopping to be done. if you want any high end item they got it.  any electric item they got it and its cheaper there than in the states.  and apparently the beaches are 3even more beautiful, we didn't see them because of the short time we were there.  Oh one last thing about Singapore, I was finally able to get a Moosehead Beer, its been almost a year, oh it tasted so good, I was happy.WEll we left after a busy day and hopped on the plane the next morning to ge to Kolkata India.

I'm sorry but I need to end this blog here for now.  Teresa and I going out to eat and bowling with some friends.   So Iwill continue this soon (hopefully by the end of the weekend) but for now you all can look at the pictures I posted in our photo album under INDIA.  sorry I haven't filled out all the captions yet either, geez I'm lazy! well that's all for now love you all

glad to be back  DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment