
THE RABBI AND THE PRIEST met at the town's annual picnic. Old friends, they began their usual banter. "This ham is really delicious," the priest teased the rabbi. " You really ought to try it. I know it's against your religion, but you just haven't lived until you've tried Mrs. Hall's prized Virgina Baked Ham. Tell me when are you going to break down and have some?" The rabbi looked at his friend with a big grin, and said, " At your wedding."
I thought that was funny. Last night something else happened that was hilarious. Well to us it was but maybe telling the story won't be as funny to others. Well, last night we were in the living room watching TV and Wendy started barking in the bedroom. She usually only barks if her toy is under a piece of furniture and she can't get it herself. But we went in there and couldn't figure out what she was worked up about so we left and a little while later she started barking and howling and didn't stop so I went in there and she was looking towards my nightstand barking and howling like crazy. I was staring at the table trying to figure out what was bothering her and I realized the tissue box was right near the edge of the table and a tissue was pulled out a ways and was swaying because the fan was hitting it. I thought NO WAY is she freaking out about the tissues. So, I went and picked up the box and she went crazy barking more and ran and hid. I called Dave and told her the tissues had her spooked and he came in and almost peed his pants laughing at her. she would come out of hiding a little ways and I would hold the box out and she would dive back to hide. It was so funny. It was really nice to have some comic relief around here.
Dave is feeling better, now turns out it was a nasty cold he caught at work, but he gave it to me. I am pretty miserable and its hot and I am really congested and crappy feeling. Today I spent most of the day chilling in bed watching movies. Trying to stay cool. Its so hot and muggy.
Well, I am off now, gonna grab a Popsicle and try to stop sweating.
No comments:
Post a Comment