Moment of the Week

Friday, August 31, 2007

Boy all this stuff is fun

Boy all this stuff is fun

OK so having a baby is pretty fun. I know I might change my tune after I go through labor, but for right now it is so AWESOME! First of all it is really cool to know you have this little thing that you and your spouse created inside of you! Like how crazy is that!!! It is going to be a person!! Hello!!!! Does anyone else think that is really amazing?? And this pregnancy thing gets way more exciting once you feel the baby move, then its like, This is real! So then you tell people you are pregnant and they start giving you stuff!! And everything is so CUTE!! While we were home my cousin Erin gave me these two really cute blankets she made of this super soft flannel material. She gave me a pink one with little babushka dolls on it and a blue one with little boats on it. I LOVE them. Eeeee Then we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Hoisignton's house for lunch and to visit and I told them I am pregnant, and my grandma already had a baby gift she made. I am guessing she has one made for all of the grandchildren and she is just waiting for them to have babies now. But the set she knitted is so pretty. There is a blanket, sweater, cap, and booties all this pretty cream color. I thought it was really sweet of her. And yesterday I received the package my mom sent me full of baby stuff she bought at my step-sister's yard sale. She has 2 girls and had tons of clothes. My mom bought a bunch of neutral stuff, I am talking 11 receiving blankets, 15 onesies, 4 sleepers, 3 shirts, a pair of shoes, and even a diaper bag. I can't believe it! All of it looks like it was never worn or if it was then probably just a couple of times!! I think I was probably squealing while I was looking at everything.

We have already ordered our bassinet because it was on back order and we weren't sure how long it would take but it arrived yesterday! I know Dave can't wait to put stuff together but I told him to hold off until I get the baby's room cleaned up. There is still a bunch of stuff in there that I need to put out in the storage room to make room for the crib. It won't be too hard though. I am hoping that I can have the room cleared out this month and next month we can rent a rug doctor and clean the carpet in the baby's room. Its a tricky thing deciding when to buy the crib though. We don't want to buy it too early, but the stock they carry at the BX is never the same. One time you go in and the baby furniture area is nearly empty! Right now though they have several cribs available and there is one that I really like, so we are worried if we wait a few months they won't carry it anymore. It is quite a conundrum. Dave wants to buy it now, but I wish we could hold off a little. Oh well, everything will work out, I am sure.

Well, I need to go peel taters. I am making a roast tonight and it is going to be great, especially since it is cool and rainy outside. Dave is at the Airshow working his squadron's booth, so I am sure he will be excited about a hot meal when he gets home. Have a great Holiday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment