Moment of the Week

Monday, August 20, 2007

no sleep

no sleep

Last night I was so happy when I went to bed. I had just got home from bingo... And I actually won! We were getting ready to head to bed and I could hear a cricket in the backyard. I have never heard a cricket in Japan. So, we went to bed and it was pretty warm and muggy and I was trying to fall asleep which is hard for me to do when its warm. After awhile I gave up and went to lay on the sofa. It is much cooler in the living room. I went back to bed once I was cooled down and tired. I layed down and after I was settled what did I hear??? A CRICKET! It sounded so loud and it was coming from under my nightstand!! I couldn't believe it. It was driving me crazy!! I got out my flashlight and was looking around and couldn't find it. then after like 45 minutes it stopped. I thought what a relieve... but then I started getting itchy thinking of that bug in my bedroom, figuring he is probably on his way into our bed and I will wake up with him on me or something disgusting like that! SO, after a few minutes of thinking about that and getting totally creeped out I got the flashlight out and looked again and there he was on the floor!!! 2 feet from my bed!! I knew he had been really close. SO I yelled at Dave to get a shoe and Dave killed him. I heard him go in the bathroom to throw the smashed cricket in the trash and he shut the bathroom door so the light I left on wouldn't bother us in the bedroom. Then like a minute after Dave came back to bed I saw that the door to the bathroom was opened again and I thought I bet Wendy went in there to eat that dead bug... Then I heard Wendy come and lay on her pillow which is on the floor next to the bed on my side. She curled up and I heard her let out a big sign. Then I realized that cricket had been right next to her bed and must have bothered her more than it did me, cause she was sleeping in the living room until the cricket was killed.

So, by the time the cricket was dead and all was quiet and peaceful again I had to get up to pee.... (and I saw that Wendy had just opened up the tissue in the trash to look in it!! She was just making sure it was dead! Isn't she funny?!) So after I used the bathroom I layed back down, and my stomach started growling. Now I don't know why but I am hungry alot. I feel like I have a tape worm... Of course I think it might have to do with the baby. When I get hungry I can't ignore it even if it is the middle of the night. If i let my empty stomach growl more than a few times it gets really painful. SO I got up AGAIN and went to the kitchen.

Now this isn't too far off from most night lately... except of course the cricket added a lot of extra frustration. Most nights I have to get up atleast twice to go to the bathroom... its frustrating because supposedly in the second trimester there should be less peeing. IN the day time there definitely is.. but I hate getting up twice. I guess its probably because it is so warm and I have been drink a lot of water to keep cool. But the getting up to eat because I am starving is confusing too. I know it isn't good to eat at night, but I can't stay hungry or I will feel really crappy. Hopefully once it cools down I will sleep a little more soundly. I have been waking up alot and when I wake up i realize i have to pee. Its a vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment