Moment of the Week

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

B-E-A-UTIFUL out today

It has been so nice here the past few day.  The temp made it into the low 50s! The sun has been out, I even heard some birds chirping in the backyard!  The snow in our backyard is gone and there are only a few piles around base.  I guess spring really will make its arrival soon.  I am assuming we will have a few more bursts of snow since we are still ten inches shy of the monthly average.   But is sure is nice to have a little break. 

I made it to the bank and grocery store with Nathan today without Dave's help!  I don't think I have been to the commissary without Dave since late October.  It was really nice of him to use his lunch break to go shopping with me and carry the groceries in the house while I was pregnant.  But it was nice to go alone.(Well, Nathan was with me but he slept through the trip so I was pretty much alone.(and he didn't sneak anything into the cart!))  I stopped by the bank and chatted with my friend Trina for a bit.  I felt like a real person again. 

Does everyone have fun St Patrick's Day plans?  I was going to make Corned Beef and Cabbage but they don't have any corned beef at the commissary.  So maybe I will just make some green cookies and call it festive enough.  I cannot wait until we move back to the states!  I am so tired of the disappointment at the grocery store.   I plan our meals out and it throws a real wrench in my menu when half of what I need isn't available.  The produce has been really terrible lately.  The celery looked like someone should have pitched it a week ago!!  I know its winter, but the previous winters haven't been this bad. Oh well.  Its frozen veggies for us! 

1 comment:

  1. Nathan is such a pretty baby! I can't believe how time flies!! So glad that all is going well and you are getting back to normal! Can't wait for you guys to come home!!

    ReplyDelete