Moment of the Week

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quick Chicken Pie

Honestly I would love to have the time to make chicken pot pie often. But I don't. When Nathan could be destroying something during each second I'm preparing dinner, its important I have quick recipes. So here is one. If you are making your dinner menu and have a hankering for Chicken Pot Pie, this dish is a great compromise.

You need 4cups cooked diced chicken.
-I cooked the chicken in some evoo... but normally I would poach the chicken, however I was chatting on the telly yesterday so I needed it to be quicker.
While your chicken is cooking, start a package of biscuits to baking.
I like frozen Alexia, but you could use biscuits from a can. When they are done set them aside. I put them in front of the oven vent so they stay warm.
Pull the chicken out and set it aside. I wiped the pan out a little with paper towel.
Also, find a 2 qt casserole dish and Pam it.
Melt 1/3 cup butter in your large skillet
Stir in 1/3 cup flour. Stir stir stir until its smooth
this is mostly smooth, but I had a few clumps still. see???

Stir in 2 1/2 cups Milk
1 Tbls Chicken granules
1/2 Teas dried Thyme
1/2 teas pepper
Stir till thickened like in this picture above
Stir in
1- 4oz jar diced pimentos
1 cup frozen mixed veg or peas, thawed
Bake 350 for 30 minutes It will look like this.
take it out and arrange the biscuits on top. Then bake it 3 minutes longer, just to get the biscuits nice and hot again.


Please pardon the black glob on the bottom of my oven. It isn't typical.
Also, as quick as this dish is, Nathan colored the carpet with a purple crayon while I was making dinner. It was a bummer

1 comment:

  1. Hey I have made trhat before! Yumo And it was very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete