Good heavens, is it January yet??
No?? oh crap. Well atleast its Wednesday and this week is half over!
Allegedly our new sofa will be delivered tomorrow AM! But I am not holding my breath...and here is why
July 7: David, Nathan, and I shop for a sofa. We had one in mind, went to sit on it again and alas its the one! We order this sofa, and the matching chair and ottoman(so we can feel like bonified grownups, cause grownups own ottomans.) No rush you know, we just want it to arrive before my mom and Jim arrive. We are told, it will be in before August 7th, and we will be called when it arrives, to set up delivery($50)
1650 July 29: I missed a call, and listen to a voice mail from the furniture company saying our sofa, chair, and ottoman have arrived, and to please call back to scheduled delivery($50)
July 31: I finally call them back(because I do things slower while Dave is deployed). Talk to a very friendly dude, who tells me it will be delivered($50) the very next morning! WHAT LUCK!!
Aug 1: I wait and wait and wait ALL morning...nada...I wait and wait and wait all afternoon... nada. I ring them, to ask if I should wait some more or if I might be able to go run an errand I needed to do. Man on the phone checks, and finds my sofa, chair, and ottoman have NOT arrived at the store, so that's why they haven't been delivered($50)....Oh weird. He tells me I will get a call on Thursday (aug4)
Aug 8: I call the furniture place... since I received NO call on the fourth. And it should be in by now since it was due by aug 7. Yep its in lets schedule delivery($50). Next available, Aug 15!! Now I'm thinking about my fifty precious dollars that we paid for delivery, and I'm getting a little peeved. I agree, since I have no other choice, and I already yelled at Delta this month, and I'm going to try really hard not to yell at anyone else.(email to my landlord excluded of course)
Later Aug 8: I get a call from the furniture place, they can deliver on Thursday instead(aug11) Whew, I feel a little better about this.
Aug 10: I get a call at lunchtime from the furniture place. Its the woman that left me the voicemail on the 29th of July, she is calling to see why I haven't returned her call and set up delivery($50)... I am speechless. What the hell is going on?!! What the HELL? My head is spinning, and I calmly tell her I think I have a delivery($50) time set up already. She says no you don't that was just the tentative date we set until we knew when the furniture would arrive.... WTF WTF WTF WTF. I explain to her the entire chain of events. Then she goes to 'check'. WTF man!! She comes back on and says oh yep it will be delivered($50) on the 11th.
Tomorrow... but you can see why I am not holding my breath. I just kind of feel that if the store runs its delivery in such a shitty way, the delivery should be free. Fifty bucks is a bit of an insult after this debacle.... really, what was so wrong with our old sofa?
Hopefully things work out, because our sofa was just picked up and taken to a new home. By a Detroit Lions fan too! Wearing his Lions shirt, I had to comment on his bravery, and told him my husband wears his Lions shirts in public too!(where he is mocked.)
I didn't want to say anything, but if we had just kept the old sofa, you wouldn't have ever had to deal with this dibacle. I'm just sayin!!!!
ReplyDelete