Nathan loves having people visit. Grandparents are extra special to have come out to see us. I mean like within a couple hours of arriving he usually ropes them into playing a game, reading a book, something to show them how much fun he is.
We did our normal touring; Wall Drug, Badlands, Reptile Gardens, Air and Space Museum, Downtown walk of Presidents, Mt. Rushmore, and Needles Highway. Plus we just hung around home too and watched freaky Lifetime movies.
Knowing they were leaving pretty early, I told Nathan last night when he was going to bed that Grandpa & Grandma were leaving and he should say goodbye. He said to me, "Well I'm going to cry." He just doesn't like good-byes. He got a little choked up but told them, "I'm going to miss you." I thought he handled it well, then at 7 am this morning I heard him crying. I go in his room and find him watching out the window crying. There were getting ready to pull out of the driveway. But he had enough time to run down and get hugs and say goodbye one more time. Poor kiddo.
I just wanted to mention to anyone that takes the time and moola to come out to visit, you all make a big impression on Nathan. Dave and I are very grateful that he knows family, even though we always live so far away. Visits to Michigan include SO MANY PEOPLE that Nate has a tough time understanding. But when people come to visit he knows what to do, and he finds out that more people love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment