Moment of the Week

Friday, October 26, 2012

TGIF

 It has been quite a week over here.  I knew it was not going to be great when Monday felt like Thursday to me.  But there was a lot of excitement.  It snowed lightly most of the day Wednesday.  It was pretty. Tuesday had been in the 60s however, and nothing stuck.  
 Nate stayed home from preschool one Wednesday and Thursday due to a bad cough and on and off again fever.  Now his cough is breaking up and he was much better today.  
 Just in time to carve pumpkins   
 When I'm doing things like this my mind is racing thoughts like... weird, last year Katie was carving pumpkins with Nate and I...... and the last time Dave was here to carve pumpkins was in New Mexico.  Weird that life changes so quickly for us.  
 I pressed on through the dis-comfortable reminder that things change a lot, and I hate change.... and just carved the dang pumpkin.
 Nate and his pumpkin and his tiny little puppy.
 From the left; Nate, Teresa, Dave.... who decided to carve his pumpkin as an NFL target of humiliation. So now everyone on our street will know our household cheers for the Lions....I shall wear a mask while fetching the mail. 

All I have to say is I hope a Viking fan doesn't smash our pumpkins, I cant wait for the snot to be over and TGI freaking F.  

*disclaimer* I have nothing against the Detroit Lions.  I hardly harass my husband about their winning or lack there of.  However, while we are in public people do.  I cannot recall the number of times, as it is too many to count, a person has come up to David and asked him " how are your Lions doing there?"  And its never that they are doing very well, so Dave has to respond something like.."Next Year" or "I'm sticking with them through thick and thin"  Its hard to watch a person you love put themselves out there for public mockery.... although I honestly admire his loyalty.  the end

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like my Dad and well me Cheering for the Tigers in this world Series :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic of nate on the steps is cute! You crack me up about Dave pumpkin! LOL
    -Bri

    ReplyDelete