Moment of the Week

Sunday, October 14, 2012

This Fall

Last fall was rough.  I was going through a breast cancer scare, dealing with David being deployed, counting down every day trying to get half way through the six months.  Tense, twitching, scared.  


This fall is different.  

This family is doing stuff. Normal life feels nice.  Really nice.

Scoring free hockey tickets is a treat.

Picking out pumpkins together. 

Enjoying our weekends.  Even if they are mostly spent doing house projects.(like organizing the garage)
  
Its nice to just do normal life stuff.  I'm hopefully it will be this way for awhile, but I'm enjoying it now knowing that it will change eventually.




1 comment:

  1. This is a better fall, I missed last years hunting season but was surprised to come home to a new bird dog to train for this year. I also missed the Great hockey season and was glad to be able to take Nate to his first game. I think he loves The Rush and I can't wait to get him on the ice to try to skate himself. Most of all though, I missed just being with my Family and waking up on lazy Saturday mornings and enjoy a stack of pancakes.

    ReplyDelete