Moment of the Week

Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Hard Work

I know I told you that if you checked back you would see the new front of our house... but I lied.... Well, not intentionally.  There have been storms dancing around Rapid City the past two days so Dave didn't get the front finished up.  However I did load some of the working photos to show you.  Even though the change is drastically obvious in these photographs I promise once you see the paint and the trim done you will still be shocked.
 This is the sanding.... a lot of the trim on our home needs sanding.  
 This was the beginning day of painting.
 This was later on the first day.
 This was the end of the first day.... doesn't the porch look insane???
 We spray painted the existing porch and garage lights.  With some black paint and a good scrubbing on the glass it's pretty dramatically improved eh?  For three bucks to redo all of them?? Bargain!
 We've been drinking more......
 This was probably a few days in. 
 This is when we cracked open the big bucket of trim paint.  
 This is with some of the trim done.  You can see the porch looks completely different!  We plan to paint the front door blue.
 So until we get the last little bit done on the front this update will have to pacify you.   Pray for us... 

No comments:

Post a Comment